Carebase Heart of Gold Awards 2014
Carebase presented its Heart of Gold Awards last week to deserving members of staff.
The Heart of Gold Awards, which were launched by Carebase in 2009, seek to thank and recognise employees for their dedication and commitment in providing high quality care and compassion to all the home’s residents. Employees can be nominated by residents, relatives, co-workers and social workers, and anyone who works in the home care can be nominated.
Each of the eleven care homes and the two specialist acquired brain injury units were visited by Carebase Directors and the Chairman to present one special person with the Heart of Gold Award. All of the recipients of the award were given a beautiful glass plaque and the ladies received a Tiffany necklace and the gentlemen an Armani watch.
This year’s worthy winners will now become Heart of Gold ambassadors and will inspire colleagues to promote the highest levels of care and commitment to the residents and their homes.
This year’s Carebase Heart of Gold 2014 winners are:
- Owen Young, Domestic Worker at 1 Sewardstone Close in Sewardstone
- Donald Fielding, Care Assistant at Acorn Court in Redhill
- Moira Betchley, Senior Carer at Acorn Court ABI in Redhill
- Lauren Taylor, Care Assistant at Alderwood in Colchester
- Georgina Holland, Senior Carer at Ashbrook Court in Sewardstone
- Janine Pyke, Team Leader at Bramley Court in Histon
- Linda Clack, Domestic Support at Bridge House in Abingdon
- Kirk Faulkner, Senior Carer at Brooklands in Drayton
- Jade Longo, Team Leader at Claremont Court in Guildford
- Lisa Burgin, Care Assistant at Honey Lane in Waltham Abbey
- Carole Ede, Chef at Queen Elizabeth Park in Guildford
- Sally Allcock, Care Assistant at The Spinney in Chingford
- Graham Reid, Care Assistant at Water Mill House in Hemel Hempstead
Nicola Coveney, Managing Director, Carebase, says: “All of our carers, nurses, chefs, domestic staff and maintenance staff have hearts of gold and perform an exceptional job improving the lives of all the residents every day. All those who were awarded a Heart of Gold this year truly deserve this recognition. We send the recipients our heartfelt congratulations and thanks for everything they bring to the homes where they dedicate so much care and compassion.” – See more at: http://www.carebase.org.uk/news/carebase-heart-of-gold-awards-2014#sthash.DhbRdUw0.dpuf
News and Events
Bramley Court gets match-fit for judging day
Celebrating Easter at Bramley Court Care Home
Our chefs at Bramley Court gain inspiration at a workshop run by Great British Chefs
Lois Reed is nominated as this year’s Heart of Gold Ambassador at Bramley Court Care Home.