We have a dedicated activities team who are there to invite, encourage and assist our residents to feel vital, active and useful. How you live your life on a daily basis is important to us, so we plan lifestyle activities in the home around you that promote independence and choice. From the arts to fitness and wellbeing, we aim to keep both mind and body active. We have shaped relationships with the local community who spend time and engage with our residents, as our residents feel that it is important to remain part of the community.
Whatever level of care you need, whether it residential, nursing or dementia care, everyone can enjoy a varied and fun life at Bramley Court Care Home. At Bramley Court everyone is an individual with hopes, dreams and aspirations for a fulfilling life regardless of where they are on their life journey.
Regular activities in the home include:
- Community singing group – Improving cognition through reading and reminiscence and taking on breathing techniques that help increase lung capacity. Participants include CamTrust students, family and visitors.
- Relatives support group – We support residents’ loved ones with the introduction of our monthly ‘Escape and Chat’ group to come together to share and facilitate friendship.
- Cocoa and slippers evenings – An opportunity to curl up on the sofa with friends, watch telly, have a chat and if you don’t like cocoa, our Bramley bar is always open.
- Knit and natter – A wonderful excuse for residents to get together with friends, chat and reminisce about times gone by.
- Ladies who lunch – A get together in our private dining area, it really is like going out for lunch!
- Bramley Cinema – Our Cinema is always open with an enormous selection films on offer.
- Evening events – We also arrange a variety of fun-filled evening events at Bramley; for example, a Clothes Show providing the opportunity for residents to shop in the comfort of home, a talent show, a pub quiz and much more.
- ‘Me time’ – Not everyone enjoys big social events all of the time. Sometimes a friendly listening ear is needed, sharing special memories, chatting about current events or some company with a nice cup of tea.
- Bramley pets – We have four chickens who are very happy roaming the garden, our lovely puppy, Pip and our guinea pigs, Thelma and Louise. All wonderful for de-stressing cuddles and company.
- Getting out and about – We have a chauffeur driven mini bus for outings, as well as easy access to care and a local taxi service to get where residents choose to go. We arrange a variety of enjoyable outings, including boat trips with picnics, trips to the seaside, visits to the local art gallery and museums as well as weekly visits to our local garden centres and cafes to peruse plants for our garden and to enjoy afternoon tea. Whilst we do have our very own pub at Bramley, residents also enjoy taking trip out to the local pub. There’s nothing nicer than a beer or sherry by the river with friends.
- A Wishing Tree – residents place their wishes to be fulfilled on our very own wishing tree. As part of one residents’ wish, we took a day out in Ely with fish and chips and prosecco by the river with family. We are planning a summer holiday next spring and a train ride to Scotland.