At Bramley Court Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- Staff were motivated to provide care that was kind and compassionate. They knew people well and were aware of their history, preferences, likes and dislikes. People’s privacy and dignity were respected.
- Staff training was planned to ensure that they had the skills required to meet people’s individual needs and staff were following best practice guidance.
- There was a big emphasis on people’s wellbeing and activities were planned with that in mind. People were asked what they would like to do and were also given suggestions for trying new activities. One person had stated, “When I get my boxing gloves and throw a punch I feel energised. It makes me feel strong like I can do anything. It has really improved my fitness and I am so much more mobile.”
- A relative told us, “I think on the whole the staff are lovely. They are very caring and kind.”
- Relatives had given positive feedback to the staff about how they still felt involved in their family members’ care and were encouraged to ask questions if they were unsure about anything. One relative had told the registered manager, “Our relationship has gone back to mother and son, rather than mother and carer, which is all we ever wanted.”
- Another relative had thanked the staff and stated, “Every member of the team who supported my relative showed them the most incredible care and dignity but they also showed my relative and me a huge amount of thoughtfulness too.”